01 August 2011

Loss July 30, 2011


We lose things we love all the time. We lose phones; we lose boyfriends; we lose friends; we lose trust; we lose comforts; we lose dippin dots; we lose communication; we lose joy
However, we never lose god or his love for us. He loves us immeasurably. So even when our world feels upside down, he knows the end result and he knows exactly what we need.
Today I lost a friend. I met him last year; he and his brothers and sisters came to adziwa. He was so nice and sweet and loved god. He goofed off and rapped and sang in the youth band. Even though we didn’t see eachother regularly I thought of him and his family often.
And now he is gone.
I don’t know what to do right now… all I can do is grab hold of god and pray I make it through the night. I feel devastated; like I should have been able to do something. But instead of placing this burden on myself or running into a hole to cry, I WILL PRAISE THE LORD IN THIS STORM. I will rejoice in the past happiness and the hope in heaven. I will rely on god, not on people who quite frankly seem to fail more often than not as a support system. I will put trust in my purpose and I will keep on keepin on.
So whether we lose a phone temporarily, a stupid boy breaks our heart, or a dear friend enters the kingdom of heaven at a young age…. Our job on earth is a temporary one and the greatest pleasures are in heaven. No matter how much crap we gather around us to comfort us, at the end of the day, the void in our hearts is reserved for god, and we will never go to bed happy and complete until we surrender our everything to him,
R.I.P. Daniel… I love you my brother in Christ, and you will stay with us forever.

1 comment:

  1. wow ellie. you are an amazing Christ follower. we will all pray for you and the youth at Adziwa countinually. He wont ever leave you. i love you and miss you.

    ReplyDelete