03 August 2011

aug 2: learn to love


Today we started the VBS at CHS. it went very well. We taught them boom chicka boom chant and I taught the story of letting the children come to jesus. That god cares about what the children have to say so much that he states the kingdom of heaven belongs to them.  That is incredible that so many times, society silences children by saying they cannot handle things or that they are still developing and such. In reality god says to have a heart and faith like a child. So take that grumpy parents, ha!
 
Today I am learning more and more. I discovered a love and passion for learning anything and everything all the time. Really social relationships the most right now… I always thought I was so forgiving and I forgave and forgave when people hurt me and then in the bible it says sometimes you need to dust your sandles off and be on your way. However, it doesn’t count when you have bitterness. Its not forgiveness if you harbor bitterness and pain at the end of the season together. There are a few people I regret to say I have most likely hurt in my high school. I thought I was completely right in my anger with them, but THAT is not part of this love given by god. Of course I cant do it on my own. It takes god to give me the strength to forgive and walk away with NO bitterness. And who am I to complain about being burned when god was freakin crucified by the people he came to save. Come on now ellie!! That is so selfish of me.
 
I also began a month long fast of my family. It all started when I was talking through some past hurts with morgan and I realized I trust god when it comes to provision and his awesomeness and his love and devotion of my life, but I struggle to trust him when it comes to my relationships. I don’t trust other people to respect me. Then I learned that when we have something that we would like to grow closer with god about, a fast is a good place to start. b/c when you fast, you not only cut something that consumes a lot of your time, energy, money and/or thoughts, but when you fast it, everytime you think or are tempted with that item, you stop and pray and take that time to spend with Him. For about a week I prayed about what I should fast and for how long. While deep in worship one Sunday god answered clearly, my family for the month of august. Well I knew that had to be from god cause I would NEVER want to do that on my own. My family is my life. But I agreed and a couple weeks later here I am, starting my fast. It is about to rock my world.
 
Also, today was blessings birthday… goober! We have leaned on each other so much in the last year. We have gone through thick and thin and made mistakes but loved each other through everything. You are truly a beautiful child of god (even if you say your just a pastors kiddo :]) happy birthday sweet girl. I love you
Btw mom, here you go. A blog everyday (so far ha). See you in a month

1 comment:

  1. Well, Ellie, hopefully by now you've gotten used to me commenting on EVERY post! HA! I just had to tell you that you taught me something today. I've been studying about fasting lately, because it's something I've never heard taught much about, yet it's in God's Word, Jesus did it, and therefore it's something I need to know about and practice. I just struggle with knowing how. I mean I've fasted from sweets and such before. I've done a form of a "daniel fast", but I'm sorry to say my flesh is very weak. Anyway, just wanted to let you know you've given me something to think about and pray about and seek God's will about in my own life. So, thanks!
    Praying for you today.

    Love,
    "Mrs. Jill"
    Oh and P.S. Some of Brooke's Mozambique pics are on our blog and her facebook page if you want to see them.
    I enjoyed seeing some of your dad's and AG's at church on Sunday. I showed Brad the one of your dad and Innocent. He couldn't believe how big he's gotten!

    ReplyDelete