07 August 2011

Aug 6: rap sheet

This morning I woke up with a red ring on my back that was raised… we are living with a doctor, and yes, it was ring worm. Of course. Lets take a minute to list my rap sheet. Broken foot, multiple sores in my mouth, ring worm, first degree burn from turpentine on my stomach, sun burn ALL over my body. Seriously ellie?? What is wrong with me and my body.

On a happier note, I finished Crazy Love today, and it is phenomenal! Its crazy how we expect a perfect harmonious life once we have invited god to run the show. We ARE living in a fallen world, so how can we expect an easy ride. Crappy things will happen. Period. Its how we react that will determine our lives. If we sit and wallow in our pasts and in the events that, quite frankly, just suck, of course we will have a negative outlook. The truth is that God gave the earth to satan to rule as prince so that it would be a smack in his face when the people in “satan’s world” STILL choose god. How awesome of a feeling it is that we get to be part of that fight by just acknowledging Him.

Now its time to lay out and swim in this wonderful weather!! Yay :]
 
PS. It is sat. Saturdays have a way of going south here…. Today we burnt our bread until it literally smoked up the house and caught fire. only then did we remember that it was in the oven. Nice one team ha.

No comments:

Post a Comment