02 August 2011

July 23: july team recap :]

Well my dad and sister just got on the plane back home. It was hard saying good bye; I had grown accustomed to them being here. Anna grace immediately bonded with fat baby and they hung out ALL the time. Inno and a lot of the other boys were in awe of how huge my dad is and he was so good with them. It was nice having some time to see and hang with other americans for a couple days.
Here are just some of the stories from the team here:
·         We taught mary how to chuck up the deuces and say holla atcha boy
·         Immanuel got to help with construction of 12 book shelves and several benches and tables. We asked him if he was married b/c he has a ring on… he responded that he just liked the way it looks.
·         Several of the youth girls from adziwa made me and Alyssa break dance. Ha and then me and Alyssa made my dad break dance. And I taught Deborah to do a stall
·         One of the boys who is a spunky hyper kid has had an ear infection for 2 weeks or more and by Friday he was a completely different person. His ear was hurting so much he just walked slowly and would have to sit down after just a few minutes of being active. We informed the administrator at adziwa and he was able to go to the clinic and get meds. PRAISE
·         Assome walked up to me one day and said dima ko konda(i love you)
·         We went to salima to the lake the second day they were here. Me dad and anna grace swam together in the lake. The waves were real big because it was so windy. Then we went to the market.
·         Trey called a man Dwight because he couldn’t remember his name, and then when we played catch phrase my dad was describing cheek to cheek and said when you kiss both sides and trey shouted…. IRANIAN.
·         Unfortunately on wed july 20th a demonstation occurred to show that the people protest against some of the things happening in the counry.  They were supposed to be peaceful but some people took advantage of the day and began looting and causing damage to businesses and cars.  Some people were also hurt and some died. Some marches were near where we live and in city centre so me Nicole and morgan went to stay with the team for a couple of days. We could not go to adziwa wed. on Thursday we attempted to go out to get some groceries but we got a call saying that there were people on their way to city center to protest again… we were in city centre. We probably would have been fine to go to adziwa that day because the marches were in isolated parts of the city but we chose to be safe rather than potentially sorry. As of now things are calm, but there has been a dead line of aug 17th for change to occur. So please keep the people of Malawi in your thoughts and prayers. That both sides will have god-given grace, listening ears, and understanding hearts.
·         At the wood market in city centre today I got to pray with a man who sold me a bangle and tell him what being a Christian means.
·         Our theme for bible camp was jesus loves kids and our song was jesus loves the little children. Our theme verse I have now memorized in Chichewa… mateyu 19:14 koma yesu anati telikeni tiana musatikanize kudza kwa ine :]
My family is so great…. I miss them so much. Especially right now as MARY CLAY celebrates her birthday. just a quick shout out… I love you m sizzle. Even back in the day when i annoyed the living daylights out of you, I loved you. You are so thoughtful with all your encouragements since ive been away and im so glad to call you my sister. You rock. Btw I sent your bday gift back with dad so you guys should open it when you open all your gifts and have dad video tape it so I can be there with you. :] love you bunches sister happy bday!!!
Family means so much back home and people becoming family here. The youth at adziwa are so great and welcoming and I love getting to know them and hanging out with them. Moses chimwewe lusungu and james are so great with the kids and you can tell that each one of them loves their job and has a passion for the ministry. The kids have completely stolen my heart I now know most of their names and am learning a lot of their parents names. The guardians take such pride in their families and love on each child :]

So as another month comes to a close, I am sosososo happy to be in my second home in the palm of gods hand. God is so great

2 comments:

  1. Els-Fels! Miss you so much. Terribly jealous of you right now and where you are. All of us from work are thinking of you and wishing you the best. Hope you are enjoying yourself. Love your blog stories and update. Also sorry for your lost I know its hard. Please keep your head up and spirits high; looking forward to seeing you doing great things during and after your trip. I am so proud to say I know someone like you willing to do what it takes to make the change this world needs. You are very brave and gifted and will never be forgotten for that. You are truley an amazing person and sincerly missed. Please continue to have fun and keep up the praise( many of us could learn from watching you) and not to rush you but cant wait to have your glorifying self back in franklin tennessee! :) much love and happy wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it.. and genuinely laughed out loud when i read the "iranian" part... haha
    -Alyssa

    ReplyDelete