24 June 2011

June 23: Lonely

Well right now I cant sleep so I figured I would give a little update
Yesterday we did construction which consisted of shoveling 8 wheelbarrows of dirt til it overflowed, taking it across to the kitchen, dumping it, mixing with cement, and spreading it all over to make the floor. I know it may not sound difficult but it was the heaviest thing ive ever tried to pick up… so I am very sore today :[ however I am gonna be ripped by the time I get home so its okay
On the subject of food, last night we had chicken; sounds pretty basic right? Oh wait, there are chicken feet just chillin in there. Oh, and there is the tail too. however, it was barbque chicken so it was freakin fabulous. its kinda fun to be trying new foods and veggies and things. Norman came to Adziwa again today to speak to the youth… we made peanut butter and banana sandwiches and he was like GROSS! (he prefers butter and banana… yum?) and then for dinner tonight Kasava(sp?) potatoes and chicken that tastes like moms Italian chicken. Fabulous! I also tried to explain dippin dots to Issak tonight… I don’t think he quite understood. I want some dippin dots right now.
I need major intense prayers right now for my voice. I found out before I left that I have a cyst/nodules on my vocal folds, they said I needed voice therapy and such but I did not have time so they told me drink water and rest my voice. Funny story: when you are dealing with kids you don’t have the option of rest… my voice has begun to be a searing pain at night, and I am always horse. People keep commenting on my funny voice:[ (mommy I tried hot tea here and its very good and soothing)
I have realized the importance of a positive attitude. People always say its unattractive, but you don’t realize just how unpleasant and gross a bad attitude is until you see it from someone else. Its awful.
Oh and did I tell everyone I bought cowboy boots in the flea market for 20 bucks, they are pretty ballin. I love shoes
I am currently stressed about my future. Next spring will be very lonely I feel like since everyone will be at college. Man! And then I need to decide on a stupid college. All I keep thinking is UK, but if I don’t get that scholarship I don’t think I can go, and what if its not where I am meant to be. UGHH! And then on top of that, even if it seems silly, I have to decide my priorities spending money on  a sorority or traveling each summer and blah blah blah. Its just a whole lot to think about and I cannot get a clear definitive answer to save my life.
There is a spider that is 4 inches wide living in the multipurpose room at adziwa. Oh yeah, its prego… yay monster babies just what we need!!! And I went into the bathroom, which is a hole in the ground with a mud wall around it, and there are 50 spiders COVERING the whole ceiling. I cannot even pee at the village now. And my malaria meds are giving my crazy vivid dreams, I woke up at 3 am b/c of a dream about spiders!
OH I almost forgot! We wondered into kauma today to go to the market and get some chitange(sp?)(ha bad idea considering the 3 white folk have never gone by themselves before) and we got lost, eventually found our way, and SAW LONELY!!!!!! She is so beautiful I almost cried seeing her. She just wanders around the market… oh my goodness it was so good to see her and know shes doing okay….
Anywho I think that is all for tonight I am getting some shut eye. Seriously miss you all! Nighty night :]

4 comments:

  1. I sure hope you don't mind me commenting all the time! I just can't help myself! I'm so happy you saw Lonely! Praying healing for your throat, peace in your dreams, and wisdom for your future.
    I'm just so thankful for technology that allows us to be on this journey with you as it's happening instead of having to wait til you get home. I love knowing specifically what to pray for, so WHEN He answers, I know specifically what to thank Him for! Believing Him to be BIG in your life, Ellie! He is faithful!

    Love,
    "Miss Jill"

    ReplyDelete
  2. i don't know if i even want to try visiting you now that you just posted a whole paragraph about the spiders there. WHY DOESN'T SOMEONE KILL THE PREGO SPIDER?? you can kill their eggs by putting them in alcohol i think. seriously my stomach is doing flips and my hearts beatin real fast just thinking about it. and on the ceiling?!?... that is LITERALLY a TERRIBLE nightmare I had before!! sorry. that is probably the most disturbing thing i've read in any of your blogs (i know my perspective is a bit off)

    any way... praying for your voice. when i get back to school i'll ask one of my teachers if they have any suggestions to help with that. then I can practice clinic over skype to you :)

    And you're still hot... it's probably your hair being chopped short that's the difference. there's a reason you're so obsessed with it. but it will grow back so there.

    Post a picture of your fresh boots if you can! I wanna see them!

    please stay safe over there. i was not worried at all about aids, malaria, or typhoid really. but these spider stories have me genuinely afraid for your life. LOOOOOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds like an interesting day...you have nearly caused your sisters to cancel their air line tickets,....SPIDERS their literal worst nightmRE... BUT THEY WILLO BE BRINGING SPIDER WEAPONS INSTEAD!! so who would have thought malawian cowboys!! SO SORRY YOUR THROAT IS HURTING...TRY GARGLEING WARM SALT WATER. cONTINUING TO PRAY FOR YOU!!!mOMMA

    ReplyDelete
  4. Let me try posting this again. I seem to have this problem a lot

    Good to hear from you again. I know what you feel like being the dump truck, i did that in guatemala. I didnt get ripped thought so i hope that turns out better for you. So you didnt say, how was the chicken feet? Foot?

    We had 10 kids over here from the nest this morning to make god boxes (and we told them the story about how you started your god box.). Your legacy lives on!

    Sorry that you and Lucy didn't get to skype on Friday. Hope you had a good weekend. Don't stress about your future, pray about it. You don't have to make those decisions today, so just relax and keep asking god to show you he will in due time

    Can't wait to see your new boots! I.m praying for your nodules Can't wait to see you in a couple of weeks. Love you daddy

    ReplyDelete